2.14.2009

Draw....ing....gg.....

I'm currently working on a character design project. On spec. What that means is I'm working for free, unless the project gets pitched and bought, and in that case, I get paid. It's okay; I know the people and trust them and they're an actual, reputable studio. Just with this economic freefall, who's got money to pay anyone anything*?

But right now, my hand is just about to fall off. I'm gonna take a break and watch Alec Baldwin on SNL.



*according to all the 'unpaid intern' BS ads on craigslist.... no one....

2 comments:

RockLove said...

Oooh that's rough. I chalk those project up as "artistic collaborations" when people ask me about them down the line. Sometimes I'll illustrate design for someone and they change their mind... or a prototype for a band and then their logo changes. *grumble*

But good luck! You never know, maybe it will be bought. Or at least it makes some connections and a cool final product.

7seventeengallery said...

Well, the bf used to work for them, so I know they're good for it.... IF it gets bought. If nothing else, it's giving me something to do at least!