12.06.2008

A not so positive review masquerading as a positive one.

Don't get me wrong: I like 'When Harry Met Sally'. It is, as a friend described long ago in college, a very "comfortable" movie. You can put it on and either watch it or have it on in the background while you work or clean or whatever.

But seriously? Sally?



Is the most annoying individual ever. I don't know if we were supposed to fall in love with her big dewy eyes or what, but it didn't work. Harry was kind of obnoxious-- perhaps that is why we're supposed to believe they're meant for one another-- but it didn't compare to Sally. She's shrill, somewhat insecure... Hell, I identify more with Harry than I ever could to her. Blah.

Despite that, yeah, I like the movie. Just not Sally. Poor Harry. If they're still married he's probably settled into glum resignation that for the rest of his life he's going to listen to her simpering.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Cute quilt she's lying there with though, yeah?

7seventeengallery said...

I DO like the quilt...